Classification of Underactive Bladder
Etiological Classification of Underactive bladder
- Peripheral Denervation or Neuropathy
Pathophysiology: Decreased contractility - neural efferent or myogenic/decreased afferent stimulation.
- Congenital, inflammatory, neoplastic or trauma lesion to peripheral nerves
- Diabetes or other metabolic cause
- Detrusor myopathy
Pathophysiology: decreased contractility secondary to smooth muscle damage.
- Pharmacological inhibition
Pathophysiology: decreased contractility secondary to receptor blockade of neural efferents or afferents.
-Smooth muscle relaxants/spasmolytics/membrane stabilizers.
- Pelvic floor overactivity